Greeley Man Recovering After Starting Self on Fire

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

Greeley, Colo. (AP) A Greeley man is recovering after he accidentally started himself on fire while working on a car.

Dale Lyman, spokesman for union colony fire/rescue authority, says the incident happened at about 1:30 p.m. Sunday in the man's garage.

Lyman says the man was working underneath a car with a cutting torch when he apparently ignited some gasoline fumes and caught his clothing on fire.

The man tried putting out the fire by rolling on his front lawn and spraying himself with a garden hose. That didn't work, so he ran into the house and got in the bathtub.

Lyman says the man apparently had gotten gasoline on himself, making it hard to put out the flames. He eventually was admitted to the North Colorado Medical Center with serious burns.

His condition and name were not released.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 40225397 - nbc11news.com/a?a=40225397
Gray Television, Inc.