Denver (AP) - Relatives of people who've died from carbon monoxide poisoning are expected to attend a bill-signing on a measure that will require many homes to have devices designed to detect the colorless, odorless gas.
Gov. Bill Ritter will sign the bill into law Tuesday. It will require all homes and apartment buildings for sale beginning July 1 to have carbon monoxide detectors near bedrooms.
Homeowners and apartment owners also will have to install detectors if they complete any major renovations or additions.
The bill is named for Lauren Johnson of Denver and the Lofgren family of Denver.
All died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
(COPYRIGHT 2009 BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.)
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.