Governor Signs Carbon Monoxide Bill

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

Denver (AP) Relatives of people who've died from carbon monoxide poisoning say they are comforted after Gov. Bill Ritter signed a measure that will require many homes to have devices designed to detect the colorless, odorless gas.

Ritter signed the bill into law yesterday. It will require all homes and apartment buildings offered for sale after July 1 to have carbon monoxide detectors near bedrooms.

Homeowners and apartment owners also will have to install detectors if they complete any major renovations or additions.

The bill is named for Lauren Johnson of Denver and the Lofgren family of Denver, who died from carbon monoxide poisoning.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 41832327