Salt Lake City (AP) - Salt Lake County health officials say two more people have died from complications related to the Swine Flu, bringing the statewide total to four.
Salt Lake Valley Health Department Spokeswoman Pam Davenport said Monday that both victims were between 25 and 50 years old. Davenport said she could not give specific ages or genders because of federal privacy laws.
Davenport says the first victim died Friday and had preexisting conditions that contributed to the death. The second victim died Saturday, and it is unclear whether there were preexisting conditions.
On May 20, 21-year-old Marcos Sanchez was the first Utahn with Swine Flu to die. A second person, who was under 18, died earlier this month.
The state is no longer keeping a cumulative total of confirmed cases, which was over 700 as of June 8.
(COPYRIGHT 2009 BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.)
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus