DENVER (AP) A hash oil explosion may be to blame for another fire in the Denver area.
Denver Fire Capt. David Borelli told KUSA-TV that cans of butane and other components used to make hash oil were found at home where a fire broke out early Monday.
On Saturday night, a Littleton man was hospitalized after he and his girlfriend caused an explosion while making hash oil in their townhome.
The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office says an 8-month old child and a 3-year-old child were in the home at the time of Saturday night's explosion. The couple could face charges of child abuse and arson.
The process of making hash oil is dangerous and has caused several similar explosions in Colorado and around the country.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.