Red Cross called to help Clifton house fire victims

By: News Desk Email
By: News Desk Email

CLIFTON, Colo. Six people were displaced by a Clifton house fire Tuesday morning and the Red Cross has been called in to help them.

The Clifton Fire Department says the fire broke out around 4:30 a.m. and caused significant damage to the home.

All six of the people inside the home were evacuated by the time firefighters arrived, though two were complaining of smoke inhalation. They refused medical attention.

The fire started with sparks from a pellet stove exhaust pipe inside the wall of the home and spread into an attic space. Officials say the fire and firefighting efforts caused extensive damage and the Red Cross is helping the family.

Clifton firefighters had to call for additional resources from the Grand Junction Fire Department as the house was too far from the nearest water hydrant. Crews had to attack the blaze from the roof as well as from the ground and got it under control in about 45 minutes.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 236176391 - nbc11news.com/a?a=236176391