Glenwood Springs, Colo. – Tire tread inspections will be taking place throughout Garfield, Eagle and Summit Counties to help motorists determine if their tires are ready for this upcoming winter.
Representatives from the Colorado State Patrol and other law enforcement agencies will be conducting these vehicle safety checks.
The safety check will consist of the vehicle’s lights, windshield wipers and tires. Troopers will concentrate more on the overall condition of the tires.
Upcoming Tread Safe Operations:
- Oct. 5: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Home Depot in Avon
- Oct. 12: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Safeway in Vail
- Oct. 19: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Wal-Mart in Frisco
- Oct. 26: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. GWS Mall in Glenwood Springs
- Future dates and times are pending
The goal of Operation Tread Safe is to create awareness about having proper tires and winter equipment for vehicles prior to winter driving conditions.
Facebook: Are you unsure about your vehicle’s tires for the driving conditions this winter? It may be a good idea to get your car inspected.