Paonia High School Headlines
HS volleyball: Paonia, Olathe head to state tournament
- The Eagles and Pirates head to Denver to compete in the state volleyball tournament.
HS Volleyball: (5) Paonia improves to 8-0, downing Grand Junction 3-0
- With their 8th win, the Eagles have won all 24 games they've played this season.
HS Football: Paonia is now the hunted in class 1A
- The Eagles begin their 2014 with the goal of defending their title.
HS Wrestling: Paonia pulls away late for the win over Fruita Monument
- The Paonia Eagles showed why they are 2A's best team with a victory over 5A's Fruita Monument.
HS Football: Paonia seniors reflect on turnaround season
- The seniors that helped the Eagles win the 1A championship in football talk about going out on top.
HS Football: (4) Paonia claims CHSAA 1A State Championship
- The Paonia Eagles earned their first state championship in more than fifty years, knocking off Centauri 32-24.
HS Football: (4) Paonia enters into 1A state championship game on Saturday
- The (4) Paonia Eagles will face the (3) Centauri Falcons in the state title game.
HS Football: Culture change in Paonia helped spur best season in a decade
- The Paonia Eagle football team has seen tremendous growth in just one year, and are in the midst of an impressive playoff run.
HS Football: (4) Paonia hopes to translate success into post-season
- The Paonia Eagles finished 5-0 in the 1A WSL, ready to bring that dominance into the playoffs.
Sideline Showcase: USA vs. Germany wrestling preview
- Central Warriors head coach Laurence Gurule sits down to talk about the upcoming duals against Germany.
2013 state wrestling championship wrap-up
- Interviews, highlights and results from the 2013 state wresting championships.
Three Western Slope wrestlers become 2013 state champs
- Saturday wrap-up of the 2013 CHSAA state wrestling championships.
Sideline Showcase: CHSAA looks at adding Class 6A
- Palisade A.D. Mike Krueger talks about the possibility of a Class 6A.
CHSAA debates return of Class 6A
- The Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSAA) held its first legislative council meeting of the new year on Thursday.
Wrestling: Indian Invitational
- Montrose hosts wrestling tournament.
Wrestling: No. 1 Paonia rolls over GJ
- The top-ranked wrestling team of Class 2A demonstrated their dominance over Grand Junction on Friday.
1st loss costs GJ spot in state's top 10
- Grand Junction now holds the 15th spot in the Denver Post Coaches and Media poll.
GJ Rockies hosting Western Slope Baseball Camp in 2013
- Grand Junction Rockies to host inaugural Western Slope Baseball Camp in January of 2013.
Friday Night Football Blitz - Week 9
- The Friday Night Football Blitz has all your football scores from Friday night.
The Friday Night Football Blitz - Week 8
- As always we have a full recap of all local football games from Friday night.
The Friday Night Football Blitz - Week 5
- Here is a recap of all week 5 prep football games on the Western Slope.
Friday Night Football Blitz - Week 4
- Full recap of local high school football on the Friday Night Football Blitz.
Friday Night Blitz - Week 2
- We saw a top-ranked team upset by a #5, and GJ returned to its dominant manner in week 2.
CHSAA will hear re-classification proposals in Jan. 2013
- Mike Krueger is back to work this fall not only preparing Palisade's sporting events, but also diagramming a new method for classifying Colorado high schools.
HS BASEBALL: Montrose, Olathe on the brink of elimination
- Montrose and Olathe lost in Friday's action at the State Tournament.
More Paonia High School Headlines