Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving in the United States, where thousands of eager shoppers ignite the Holiday Shopping season.
Before you hit the crowds, and experience the mania first hand, here are a few tips to make your shopping day successful.
1. Have a shopping route. Knowing where you're going to go and what time you need to get there, will help you snag the best deals. If there is a deal you simply can't miss out on, make that store your first stop, then plan from there.
2. Make a gift list. Start making a list now, of people you need to buy for. Next to each of those people, write a MAXIMUM amount your willing to spend. Then, search gift options BEFORE you shop. This way, you won't buy things you don't need and spend more than you intended. Need Gift Ideas? Check out the links below to find out the best deals for Black Friday 2012.
3. Shop with a friend. Having a shopping buddy will help ease stress during the mayhem. Plus, shopping with someone else ensures for a good time and a lunch buddy after a full day of shopping.
4. Use the Internet. As SmartMoney.com suggests, searching the deals before you head out, is sure to give you an advantage over other shoppers. Check out the bargain hunting site Dealnews.com to gain an edge over your shopping competitors. Other sites to check out? Visit the links below to search Black Friday deals around the Web.
5. Use Your Cellphone to Compare Prices. Price comparison is as easy as looking to your mobile device. Black Friday by Brad’s Deals app is a free app, which can help you pick out the best deal around town. Powered by the incredible team behind BlackFriday2011.com & BradsDeals.com, the Black Friday by BradsDeals app will help you research, plan and execute the best Black Friday shopping. View pre-release Black Friday Ads for major stores as well as handpicked Black Friday Deals. (***Note: Remember, all cell phone fees apply when using these services.)
6. Keep Your Personal Information Safe. Whether you're shopping in a store, or online, it's important that you protect your identity. SmartMoney.com recommends shopping with only the credit cards you know you'll be using. If you plan to use checks, take individual checks, and leave your checkbook at home. Also, keep your social security card at home, if it is something you would normally carry with you. When shopping online, be sure you have anti-virus software enabled as well as firewall protection. This will ensure that cyber thieves can't obtain your information while shopping.
Search Black Friday Deals Now:
Look for more helpful information, from SmartMoney.com.