High winds fan embers from BBQ to start house fire

By: KKCO - Email
By: KKCO - Email

FRUITA, Colo. (KKCO) - Fire fighters say strong winds fanned embers from a BBQ and caught a Fruita home on fire late Monday night.

The Lower Valley Fire Protection District responded to the fire at 1549 14 1/2 Road at around 10:52pm.

When crews arrived on scene they found the siding of the house on fire and the homeowner trying to put the flames out with a garden hose.

The fire was contained to the outside siding and the garage of the home.

No one was injured.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 90728414 - nbc11news.com/a?a=90728414