Out With the Old. In With The New.

Watches and Warnings: The National Weather Service has issued many watches and warnings that continue through Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning. In addition to Avalanche Warnings, a Winter Storm Warning has been issued for the San Juan Mountains, Grand and Battlement Mesas, West Elk Mountains, Sawatch Mountains, and the Uncompahgre Plateau. A Blizzard warning is in effect for the western San Juans. Heavy, blowing snow is expecting, and travel will be difficult if not impossible.

Today: The front that brought us winter weather and high winds yesterday makes its way east today, opening the door for a new system to arrive from the north. It will bring a new round of showers, possibly intense at times, with thunder and high winds from the west. Look for this activity to pick up during the afternoon hours today. High today in Grand Junction is expected to be near 45 in Grand Junction with an overnight low of 22 degrees. In Montrose, look for a high of about 39 today, getting down to 17 degrees overnight. Both cities have a 60% chance of a rain/snow mix and gusty winds from the west, peaking at around 25 MPH near 3 P.M. 40% chance of snow overnight into Wednesday.

Extended: Temperatures will make a quick, but harsh dip Wednesday night into Thursday morning, with single-digit lows expected across the region with some negative temperatures possible in the higher elevations. However, this will be short lived, as clear sunshine and warmer temperatures return in time for the weekend.

Weather Anchor Mike Everett

Temperatures

Current Temps
Forecast Lows
Forecast Highs
Colorado Temps 24hr Change
Western Temps Right Now
National Temps Right Now

7-Day Forecasts for Grand Junction and Montrose

Grand Junction
Montrose

Satellite Imagery

Satellite and Radar
Colorado Satellite

Current Conditions

Grand Junction, CO
32° F
Broken Clouds
Tue
45/15
Wed
36/14
Thu
45/22
Fri
50/26

KKCO Weather Videos

Grand Junction Current Conditions

32° F
Weather for
Grand Junction, CO

Weather Features

NOAA's National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office
Severe Weather Information: What you need to know!
Taking a road trip? Click here to find out road conditions in the Colorado area.
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability
Gray Television, Inc.