County opens public comment on poll locations for Nov. election
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) - Mesa County is asking for comments on the location of voter service and polling locations for this year’s general election on November 8.
According to a press release from the Mesa County Election Division, they’re required to designate nine places meeting a certain set of requirements.
Brandi Bantz, the county’s director of elections, shared more on why her office is interested in getting input from the public on the selected locations. She explained that, ”It’s great to get public comment because [the] community knows the area, so if there’s a need somewhere else, in, within the county, it’s great to get that feedback from folks that are actually going to be going to this location to vote.”
Find a list of the proposed spots below.
To submit your written comment follow this link: https://emap.mesacounty.us/vspc
Or, use the following options:
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail to PO Box 20000, Grand Junction, CO 81502. Or complete a form at 200 S Spruce Street, Grand Junction, CO 81501.
These are the proposed locations for the 2022 general election:
- Mesa County Central Services, Room 40 200 S Spruce Street Grand Junction, CO 81501
- Dinosaur Journey Museum 550 Jurassic Ct Fruita, CO 81521
- Palisade Community Center 120 W 8th St Palisade, Co 81526
- Mesa County Fairgrounds 2785 US-50 Grand Junction, CO 81503
- Victory Life Church 2066 Hwy 6 & 50 Fruita, Co 81521
- Colorado Mesa University 1455 N 12th St, Room 213 Grand Junction, CO 81501
- Department of Human Services 510 29 ½ Rd, Suite 1060 Grand Junction, Co 81505
- WCCC Community Education Center 2508 Blichmann Ave Classroom 171 Grand Junction, CO 81505
- Crossroads United Methodist Church 599 30 Rd Grand Junction, CO 81504
The county takes a number of criteria into consideration when choosing voter service and polling locations. Among those is a window of about two weeks of availability for the elections office use, which can limit options, according to Bantz.
Copyright 2022 KKCO. All rights reserved.