Suspect charged in connection to early Saturday morning shooting
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) - The man killed in a shooting on Saturday has been identified by the county coroner. Tyson Bratcher, a 37-year-old resident of Mesa County was shot to death early Saturday morning.
The coroner stated that Bratcher suffered a gunshot wound to the head. His death has been ruled a homicide, though the suspect has not been charged for his murder at this time.
No information has been released on a motive for the shooting yet.
Cameron Boyd Potter, a 30-year-old man, has since been arrested in connection to the shooting. He is being held on a $250,000 bond and is faced with 22 charges.
Police say that the shooting was reported around 6:15 a.m. Saturday, but it quickly developed into three different crime scenes spread across the city.
The first crime scene was the original shooting. The Mesa County Sheriff’s Office says it received several 911 calls reporting gunshots in the 800 block of 26 Road. Upon arriving, deputies say that they found Bratcher lying dead in the street with a gunshot wound.
Following the shooting, law enforcement says that a red Ford Explorer was seen speeding away. Police gave chase, pursuing the SUV to the 2200 block of Broadway where the driver slammed on the brakes, causing the pursuing law enforcement to crash into its rear end and creating the second crime scene.
The third and final crime scene was inside an attic storage space on Blevins Road. Following the crash, the Potter fled on foot but was quickly tracked down by police. Potter was then arrested and jailed.
Potter has been accused of the following charges:
- Firearm possession - special circumstances
- 1st degree assault on a police officer
- Vehicular eluding
- Vehicular assault while driving in a reckless manner
- Criminal mischief of $20,000 or more
- Possession of a weapon by previous offender
- Possession of fentanyl
- Reckless endangerment
- Three counts of protection order violation
- Attempting to destroy physical evidence
- 2nd degree burglary of a dwelling
- Resisting arrest
- Driving on a suspended license
- Two counts of failing to stop at a red light
- Reckless driving
- Speeding 40 mph or more over
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- 2nd degree assault on a police officer
Copyright 2023 KKCO. All rights reserved.