STATEWIDE (KKCO)- The Colorado Department of Transportation is asking travelers to plan for a safety closure on I-70 on Thursday, Feb. 13 between Frisco and Vail Pass.
The closure will began at 11 A.M. which will allow for winter maintenance operations to began.
Motorists should should prepare for a closure until late after noon, as well as plan for winter weather conditions.
As an alternative to driving in the mountains this weekend and for greater peace of mind, motorists will be able to take advantage of CDOT’s recently introduced Snowstang.
Snowstang will provide Saturday and Sunday roundtrip bus service between Denver and the Loveland Ski Area, Arapahoe Basin, Steamboat Resort, and Howelsen Hill in Steamboat Springs.
For all three lines, passengers can board at Denver Union Station or the Denver Federal Center.
Roundtrip tickets for Loveland Ski Area and Arapahoe Basin start at $25.
A roundtrip to Steamboat Springs (Steamboat Resort and Howelsen Hill) is $40.00.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Travelers are urged to “know before you go.” Gather information about weather forecasts and anticipated travel impacts and current road conditions prior to hitting the road. CDOT resources include:
• CDOT winter driving tips downloadable flyer: WinterWise Driving Tips
• Road conditions and travel information: www.COtrip.org
• Chain and traction law information: www.codot.gov/admin/travel/winter-driving/tractionlaw
• Sign up for project or travel alerts: bit.ly/COalerts
• See scheduled lane closures: codot.gov/travel/scheduled-lane-closures.html
• Connect with us on social media: Twitter @coloradodot and Facebook facebook.com/coloradodot