GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) Thursday, January 16, at around 11:30 p.m. reports came in of a motorhome on fire located on the 2900 block of I-70 B.
The Grand Junction Fire Department arrived on scene to the vehicle fully engulfed. GJFD was able to extinguish the fire.
There was one occupant in the motorhome awake at the time of the fire. Our crew on scene spoke with the occupant and believes it was a malfunctioning heater issue that started the fire.
The motorhome was completely destroyed.
No other structures and other injuries were reported. The occupant was able to gather a few personal items but says everything was pretty much lost in the fire.