GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) - If you’re finding yourself sniffling this time of year, you’re not alone.
According to Mayo Clinic, more than 16 million Americans suffer from Winter Allergies. This irritation can be caused by regular indoor offenders but your holiday centerpiece might also be to blame. It’s often not the Christmas trees themselves but the mold that grows on it.
“If you really get your head in there and inhale a lot of that particulate matter from the tree, that can really put people into a few days of sinus congestion, sometimes even lead to sinusitis,” says Allergy and Immunology Specialist David Scott, M.D.
Expert recommend keeping your tree in a well-ventilated area.