How to Watch Houston vs. Northern Kentucky on TV or Live Stream - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 16, 2023 at 10:18 AM MDT|Updated: Mar. 16, 2023 at 3:46 PM MDT
The top-seeded Houston Cougars (31-3) play the No. 16 Northern Kentucky Norse (22-12) in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Thursday, starting at 9:20 PM.
Use our link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and tons of other live sports without cable!
Houston vs. Northern Kentucky Game Info
- When: Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 9:20 PM ET
- Where: Legacy Arena at BJCC in Birmingham, Alabama
- TV: TNT
- Live Stream select March Madness games on fuboTV: Start your free trial today!
Watch college hoops all season without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to fuboTV!
Houston Stats Insights
- The Cougars make 46.2% of their shots from the field this season, which is 2.5 percentage points higher than the Norse have allowed to their opponents (43.7%).
- In games Houston shoots better than 43.7% from the field, it is 24-0 overall.
- The Norse are the 263rd-ranked rebounding team in the country, while the Cougars sit at 12th.
- The Cougars put up 75 points per game, 11.4 more points than the 63.6 the Norse allow.
- Houston is 27-1 when scoring more than 63.6 points.
Northern Kentucky Stats Insights
- The Norse are shooting 43.2% from the field, 6.8% higher than the 36.4% the Cougars' opponents have shot this season.
- Northern Kentucky has put together an 18-7 straight-up record in games it shoots above 36.4% from the field.
- The Norse are the 263rd-ranked rebounding team in the nation, the Cougars sit at seventh.
- The Norse put up an average of 68.2 points per game, 11.7 more points than the 56.5 the Cougars give up.
- Northern Kentucky has a 17-6 record when giving up fewer than 75 points.
Houston Home & Away Comparison
- Houston posts 77.3 points per game when playing at home, compared to 75.6 points per game on the road, a difference of 1.7 points per contest.
- Defensively the Cougars have been better at home this year, ceding 54.4 points per game, compared to 60.9 away from home.
- When playing at home, Houston is making 0.9 fewer threes per game (7.9) than when playing on the road (8.8). It also sports a lower three-point percentage at home (34%) compared to when playing on the road (39.3%).
Northern Kentucky Home & Away Comparison
- Northern Kentucky is putting up more points at home (72.7 per game) than away (63.3).
- At home, the Norse allow 61.6 points per game. Away, they allow 63.8.
- Northern Kentucky knocks down more 3-pointers at home (8.8 per game) than on the road (8.6). It has the same 3-point percentage at home and on the road (35.8%).
|3/10/2023||East Carolina||W 60-46||Dickies Arena|
|3/11/2023||Cincinnati||W 69-48||Dickies Arena|
|3/12/2023||Memphis||L 75-65||Dickies Arena|
|3/16/2023||Northern Kentucky||-||Legacy Arena at BJCC|
Northern Kentucky Schedule
|3/2/2023||Oakland||W 81-74||BB&T Arena at Northern Kentucky|
|3/6/2023||Youngstown State||W 75-63||Indiana Farmers Coliseum|
|3/7/2023||Cleveland State||W 63-61||Indiana Farmers Coliseum|
|3/16/2023||Houston||-||Legacy Arena at BJCC|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.