Duke vs. Iona Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 16, 2023 at 1:39 AM MDT|Updated: Mar. 18, 2023 at 5:38 PM MDT
Saturday's contest that pits the Duke Blue Devils (25-6) versus the Iona Lady Gaels (26-6) at Cameron Indoor Stadium is expected to be a lopsided matchup based on our computer prediction, which projects a final score of 69-46 in favor of Duke, who is heavily favored by our model. Game time is at 9:30 PM ET on March 18.
The Blue Devils fell in their last game 58-37 against Virginia Tech on Saturday.
Duke vs. Iona Game Info
- When: Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 9:30 PM ET
- Where: Cameron Indoor Stadium in Durham, North Carolina
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN2
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Duke vs. Iona Score Prediction
- Prediction: Duke 69, Iona 46
Duke Schedule Analysis
- The Blue Devils defeated the No. 4-ranked Virginia Tech Hokies, 66-55, on January 26, which goes down as their best victory of the season.
- Against Quadrant 1 opponents, the Blue Devils are 8-6 (.571%) -- tied for the 14th-most wins.
- Duke has nine wins against Quadrant 2 teams, tied for the third-most in the nation.
Duke 2022-23 Best Wins
- 66-55 at home over Virginia Tech (No. 4/AP Poll) on January 26
- 57-52 on the road over Notre Dame (No. 10/AP Poll) on February 5
- 44-40 over North Carolina (No. 20/AP Poll) on March 3
- 63-56 at home over Louisville (No. 22) on January 1
- 77-62 at home over NC State (No. 27) on February 23
Iona Schedule Analysis
- The Lady Gaels' best win this season came in a 47-42 victory against the Quinnipiac Bobcats on January 14.
- Iona has 22 wins against Quadrant 4 opponents, tied for the fourth-most in the nation.
Iona 2022-23 Best Wins
- 47-42 on the road over Quinnipiac (No. 144) on January 14
- 57-54 at home over Quinnipiac (No. 144) on December 17
- 61-54 on the road over Niagara (No. 226) on February 2
- 63-53 at home over Niagara (No. 226) on January 2
- 67-66 over Siena (No. 230) on March 10
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Duke Performance Insights
- The Blue Devils have a +383 scoring differential, topping opponents by 12.3 points per game. They're putting up 63.1 points per game to rank 225th in college basketball and are allowing 50.8 per outing to rank second in college basketball.
- With 60.2 points per game in ACC tilts, Duke is tallying 2.9 fewer points per game in conference games compared to its overall average (63.1 PPG).
- Offensively, the Blue Devils have played better at home this year, scoring 67.6 points per game, compared to 63.5 per game away from home.
- Duke is ceding 50.3 points per game this season in home games, which is 0.1 more points than it is allowing in away games (50.2).
- In their last 10 games, the Blue Devils have been scoring 52.8 points per game, an average that's much lower than the 63.1 they've scored over the course of the 2022-23 season.
Iona Performance Insights
- The Lady Gaels put up 63.4 points per game (213th in college basketball) while allowing 54.4 per contest (12th in college basketball). They have a +288 scoring differential and outscore opponents by 9.0 points per game.
- Iona scores more in conference action (64.5 points per game) than overall (63.4).
- At home the Lady Gaels are scoring 67.4 points per game, 6.9 more than they are averaging on the road (60.5).
- In 2022-23 Iona is conceding 1.8 fewer points per game at home (53.5) than on the road (55.3).
- The Lady Gaels are averaging 63.6 points per contest over their past 10 games, compared to their season average of 63.4.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.