Padres vs. Cubs Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - June 3
Saturday's game features the San Diego Padres (26-31) and the Chicago Cubs (25-31) matching up at PETCO Park in what should be a tight matchup, with a projected 5-4 victory for the Padres according to our computer prediction. First pitch is at 10:10 PM ET on June 3.
The probable starters are Yu Darvish (3-4) for the Padres and Drew Smyly (5-2) for the Cubs.
Padres vs. Cubs Game Info & Odds
- When: Saturday, June 3, 2023 at 10:10 PM ET
- Where: PETCO Park in San Diego, California
- How to Watch on TV: Fox Sports 1
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Padres vs. Cubs Score Prediction
Our prediction for this contest is Padres 5, Cubs 4.
Total Prediction for Padres vs. Cubs
- Total Prediction: Over 8 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users when they use promo code "GNPLAY"! Sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook using our link and enter the bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers. to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Read More About This Game
Padres Performance Insights
- The Padres have played as the favorite in seven of their past 10 games and won four of those contests.
- In its last 10 games with a total, San Diego and its opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- The Padres have won four of their last seven games against the spread.
- This season, the Padres have won 17 out of the 35 games, or 48.6%, in which they've been favored.
- San Diego has a record of 7-8, a 46.7% win rate, when favored by -175 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The Padres have a 63.6% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- San Diego has scored the 25th-most runs in the majors this season with 235 (4.1 per game).
- The Padres' 3.87 team ERA ranks ninth across all MLB pitching staffs.
Cubs Performance Insights
- The Cubs have played as the underdog in four of their past 10 games and have gone 3-1 in those contests.
- In its previous 10 games with a total, Chicago and its opponents have combined to exceed the over/under on five occasions.
- The Cubs are 4-4-0 against the spread over their past 10 games (eight of those matchups had a spread listed by oddsmakers).
- The Cubs have won in 12, or 44.4%, of the 27 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- Chicago has a mark of 3-3 in contests where bookmakers favor it by +145 or worse on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Cubs have a 40.8% chance of pulling out a win.
- Chicago scores the 21st-most runs in baseball (250 total, 4.5 per game).
- The Cubs have pitched to a 4.11 ERA this season, which ranks 12th in baseball.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
|May 28||@ Yankees||L 10-7||Yu Darvish vs Gerrit Cole|
|May 30||@ Marlins||W 9-4||Ryan Weathers vs Sandy Alcantara|
|May 31||@ Marlins||L 2-1||Blake Snell vs Braxton Garrett|
|June 1||@ Marlins||W 10-1||Joe Musgrove vs Jesús Luzardo|
|June 2||Cubs||L 2-1||Michael Wacha vs Jameson Taillon|
|June 3||Cubs||-||Yu Darvish vs Drew Smyly|
|June 4||Cubs||-||Ryan Weathers vs Marcus Stroman|
|June 5||Cubs||-||Blake Snell vs Kyle Hendricks|
|June 6||Mariners||-||Joe Musgrove vs Logan Gilbert|
|June 7||Mariners||-||Michael Wacha vs George Kirby|
|June 9||@ Rockies||-||Yu Darvish vs Austin Gomber|
|May 28||Reds||L 8-5||Drew Smyly vs Graham Ashcraft|
|May 29||Rays||W 1-0||Marcus Stroman vs Taj Bradley|
|May 30||Rays||W 2-1||Kyle Hendricks vs Shane McClanahan|
|May 31||Rays||L 4-3||Justin Steele vs Zach Eflin|
|June 2||@ Padres||W 2-1||Jameson Taillon vs Michael Wacha|
|June 3||@ Padres||-||Drew Smyly vs Yu Darvish|
|June 4||@ Padres||-||Marcus Stroman vs Ryan Weathers|
|June 5||@ Padres||-||Kyle Hendricks vs Blake Snell|
|June 6||@ Angels||-||Justin Steele vs Tyler Anderson|
|June 7||@ Angels||-||Jameson Taillon vs Jaime Barria|
|June 8||@ Angels||-||Drew Smyly vs Reid Detmers|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.