Rockies vs. Cubs Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 12
The Colorado Rockies (51-92) hope to stop their five-game losing run against the Chicago Cubs (78-67), at 8:40 PM ET on Tuesday.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Cubs will send Javier Assad (3-3) to the mound, while Chris Flexen (1-7) will answer the bell for the Rockies.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Rockies vs. Cubs Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, September 12, 2023
- Time: 8:40 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet RM
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Venue: Coors Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Assad - CHC (3-3, 2.83 ERA) vs Flexen - COL (1-7, 7.36 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Rockies Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Rockies Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Rockies Player Props|
|Cubs vs Rockies Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Rockies|
|Cubs vs Rockies Odds|
Rockies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Chris Flexen
- Flexen (1-7) takes the mound first for the Rockies in his 13th start of the season. He has a 7.36 ERA in 80 2/3 innings pitched, with 60 strikeouts.
- His most recent time out was on Wednesday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, when the righty tossed 2 1/3 innings, surrendering six earned runs while giving up four hits.
- The 29-year-old has amassed an ERA of 7.36, with 6.7 strikeouts per nine innings in 25 games this season. Opponents are hitting .321 against him.
- Flexen has one quality start under his belt this season.
- Flexen is trying to secure his ninth start of five or more innings this season in this game.
- He has had five appearances this season that he kept his opponents to zero earned runs.
Chris Flexen vs. Cubs
- He meets a Cubs offense that ranks seventh in the league with 730 total runs scored while batting .254 as a unit. His opponent has a collective .418 slugging percentage (14th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 174 home runs (14th in the league).
- Flexen has a 30.86 ERA and a 5.143 WHIP against the Cubs this season in 2 1/3 innings pitched, allowing a .625 batting average over one appearance.
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Javier Assad
- The Cubs' Assad (3-3) will make his ninth start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Thursday, when he tossed 5 1/3 innings while giving up three earned runs on seven hits in a matchup with the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in 26 games this season with an ERA of 2.83, a 1.97 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.202.
- In eight starts this season, he's earned a quality start in four of them.
- Assad will look to finish five or more innings for the seventh start in a row.
- He has finished 11 appearances without allowing an earned run in 26 chances this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.