Rockies vs. Cubs Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 22
The Chicago Cubs (79-74) and Colorado Rockies (56-96) clash in the first of a three-game series on Friday at Wrigley Field, at 2:20 PM ET. The Cubs are coming off a series defeat to the Pirates, and the Rockies a series loss to the Padres.
The Cubs will give the nod to Jameson Taillon (7-10, 5.47 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 8 on the season, and the Rockies will turn to Noah Davis (0-2, 9.58 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Rockies vs. Cubs Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 22, 2023
- Time: 2:20 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Wrigley Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Taillon - CHC (7-10, 5.47 ERA) vs Davis - COL (0-2, 9.58 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Rockies Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Rockies Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Rockies Odds|
|Cubs vs Rockies Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Rockies|
Rockies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Noah Davis
- The Rockies are sending Davis (0-2) to the mound to make his fifth start of the season. He is 0-2 with a 9.58 ERA and 18 strikeouts in 20 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance came in relief on Sunday when the righty tossed two scoreless innings against the San Francisco Giants without allowing a hit.
- In six games this season, the 26-year-old has an ERA of 9.58, with 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .352 against him.
- Davis is looking to collect his second start of five or more innings this season in this game.
- In two of his six total appearances this season he has not given up an earned run.
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jameson Taillon
- Taillon (7-10) will take to the mound for the Cubs and make his 28th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Wednesday, Sept. 13, when he tossed five innings while giving up three earned runs on seven hits in a matchup with the Colorado Rockies.
- The 31-year-old has pitched in 27 games this season with a 5.47 ERA and 8.3 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .269.
- He has started 27 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in six of them.
- Taillon will look to finish five or more innings for the seventh start in a row.
- He has made 27 appearances and finished three of them without allowing an earned run.
Jameson Taillon vs. Rockies
- The Rockies rank 16th in MLB with a .249 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 20th in the league (.400) and 146 home runs.
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Rockies in one game, and they have gone 7-for-23 with a double, two home runs and three RBI over five innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.