Rays vs. Rangers AL Wild Card Game 2 Probable Starting Pitchers Today - October 4
The Tampa Bay Rays host the Texas Rangers in Game 2 of the AL Wild Card Series on Wednesday at 3:08 PM ET. The Rangers lead the series 1-0 and will look to move on to the ALDS with a win.
The Rays will give the nod to Zach Eflin (16-8) against the Rangers and Nathan Eovaldi (12-5).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Rays vs. Rangers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2023
- Time: 3:08 PM ET
- TV: ABC
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Venue: Tropicana Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Eflin - TB (16-8, 3.50 ERA) vs Eovaldi - TEX (12-5, 3.63 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Rays Injury Report|
|Rays vs Rangers Betting Trends & Stats|
|Rays vs Rangers Player Props|
|How to Watch Rays vs Rangers|
|Rays vs Rangers Odds|
|Rays vs Rangers Prediction|
Rays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Zach Eflin
- The Rays will send Eflin (16-8) to the mound for his 32nd start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Tuesday, Sept. 26, when he gave up three earned runs and allowed five hits in five innings against the Boston Red Sox.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 3.50 and 9.4 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .234 in 31 games this season.
- In 31 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in 17 of them.
- Eflin has eight starts in a row of five innings or more.
- He has five appearances with no earned runs allowed in 31 chances this season.
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Nathan Eovaldi
- The Rangers will send Eovaldi (12-5) to make his 26th start of the season. He is 12-5 with a 3.63 ERA and 132 strikeouts through 144 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday against the Seattle Mariners, when he threw 3 1/3 innings, allowing seven earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Over 25 games this season, the 33-year-old has a 3.63 ERA and 8.3 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .225 to his opponents.
- Eovaldi has 11 quality starts this season.
- Eovaldi has pitched five or more innings in a game 21 times this season heading into this game.
- He has had eight appearances this season that he held his opponents to zero earned runs.
Nathan Eovaldi vs. Rays
- He meets a Rays offense that ranks fourth in the league with 860 total runs scored while batting .260 as a squad. His opponent has a collective .445 slugging percentage (fourth in MLB play) and has hit a total of 230 home runs (sixth in the league).
- Eovaldi has a 2.92 ERA and a 1.216 WHIP against the Rays this season in 12 1/3 innings pitched, allowing a .196 batting average over two appearances.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.